Your scribe is here to recapitulate for you. We started our class with our customary greetings.
Then it was down to business as we began sharing our opinions on polleverywhere.The topics today were: censorship is never justified, and governments should always try to make people happy. Click, click, click, and then the discussion stormed on.
We started our symbolic element project. Note to self, it will be due this Friday!
As there are many elements in the periodic table, books have many elements. In groups of 2 or by yourself...
1. Create a symbol for your symbolic element of Fahrenheit 451 (letter symbol like the ones on the periodic table). Confused? Keep reading for further instructions.
2. The atomic mass is always 451.
3. Include the atomic number (1-10) to rank the importance of the symbol in the book (10 being the most important)
4. Come up with at least one strong image of your symbol.
5. Have quotations from the book and they must be cited correctly ex. (Bradbury 7)
The groups are:
Brian, Sanjay- Fire
Emily H., Alex- Kerosene
Troy, Cole- Mechanical Hound
Hunter, Nick- Books
Andrew, Colin- Phoenix
Sarah, Ellie- marriage
Cassie, Meghan- Pills
Maddie D., Sam- Eyes
Maddie M.,Taylor- ventillator grille
Marco- sieve and sand
Emily M.,Zoe- Mildred
● read pages 110-136 tonight
● Have three questions prepared for the Fishbowl discussing pages 91-136
● Review sections 3 and 4 tonight to prepare for the quiz on Friday over chapters 1-6. You need to know the definition, spelling, and the part of speech.
Banned Book Project
● Continue reading your banned book
● The banned book project is due October 31.
Make sure to bring any questions you have about the banned book trailer as a guest, who works on movie trailers, will be discussing how to make your trailer awesome!
Enjoy catching up on some sleep tomorrow, love those PLCs. :D