To start off the class, Mrs. Smith collected our SAT Exercises for Lesson Four. After that, she handed out the dreaded vocabulary quiz, but lucky for us someone asked for some extra credit, so at least we were able to get some points for the words that we had missed.
As soon as everyone had finished that, we took off reading Scene 1 of Act Four in Macbeth. The scene starts off with three witches huddled around a fire talking about destroying Macbeth once and for all, and yes, our actors had a fake fire to read their lines around.
Some notes about Scene 1:
- Hecate said she was going to make Macbeth overly confident with himself and about how things were going to turn out.
- The witches make three apparitions appear, which each have a advice hidden in them for Macbeth.
The 2nd: a bloody child, which means that no one will harm Macbeth.
The 3rd: a baby with a crown holding a tree, which means that Macbeth won't be defeated till he fights at Dunsenaine hill, the forest will have to move, and Banquo's legacy will keep going as king of Scotland.
- Macbeth learns from Lennox that Macduff has fled to England
- Macbeth wants to kill Macduff's wife and children
- Macduff's son is killed
- Write out the second body paragraph,
- Outline the 3rd body paragraph and the conclusion
- Blog about devils in Macbeth on the class blog.